“Dubya” speaks at UNT
Love him or hate him, there definitely has been a buzz on campus since it was announced that George W. Bush was scheduled to speak at the University of North Texas. On November 17, 2010, UNT will host the former president as part of the university’s Distinguished Lecture Series. Not only is this a huge event for North Texas, but this will certainly kick off the release of his memoir “Decision Points”, set to hit the shelves on November 9th.
The event will be held at the Coliseum on November 17, 2010, at 8pm. Students can receive one ticket for free with their UNT ID card. Students can also purchase additional tickets for $15. UNT faculty, staff and members of the UNT Alumni Association can purchase tickets for $15, and members of the general public can purchase tickets for $25. There also will be tickets for 300 floor seats available for $30.
A few fun facts you may not have known about America’s former president and our former Texas governor:
- In his senior year at high school, Bush was the head cheerleader of his team.
- Mexican cuisine is his favorite, he only drinks diet soda and his favorite ice cream flavor is Pralines and cream.
- He bought part of the Texas Rangers baseball team and became the first managing general partner of a Major League Baseball team to become president.
- Bush has two dogs, Spotty and Barney, and a cat named India.
- Like his grandfather, he also headed the Yale University ‘Skulls and Bones’ team.
We all know “Dubya’s” notorious for his public speaking, but no matter if you’re red or blue, this will be an event you won’t want to miss.