Staying Fit With All The Temptations
Even though bathing-suit season is over, you still need to look your best and feel your best this fall. To avoid gaining extra pounds from eating all that Halloween candy, here are some helpful hints to help keep you in shape. Use these guidelines to stay on track throughout the holiday season.
- Spend time with people you love. The merriment of the holidays is one thing that makes this time of year so special. So embrace the spirit, and put aside old grudges or differences. Letting go of old hurts does a body good, and love and laughter are like medicine for the soul.
- Stick to your regular exercise program. It can be very easy to break a workout habit, and especially so during the holidays. But if you’ve got one, try to maintain it and you will thank yourself when New Year’s resolution time comes around.
- Enjoy the outdoors. Fall is a wonderful time to get out into nature and revel in the beauty of the earth. Maybe that means participating in community events, taking a leisurely walk, playing a friendly game of backyard football, or a late-season camping trip. It’s up to you!
- Watch your sweets intake. There are so many delicious treats running around this time of year, and you wouldn’t want to miss out on those. So do partake of the goodies, but also take care not to over-indulge. The best rule of thumb is small portions.
- Moderation is key. This can be a time when people overdo it because of the availability of so much great food and drink. However, it is so important to eat and drink in moderation if you are trying to maintain your health over the holidays. Your waistline will thank you too.
List adapted from jigsawhealth.com
Get Outdoors & Get Active in Denton
Oct. 16, 8AM
North Lakes Park (2001 W. Windsor Dr)
For more info, visit dentonparks.com or call 940-349-8575.
Tails & Trails -5K Run and 1K Walk
Oct. 23, 9AM
North Texas State Fairgrounds (2217 N Carroll Blvd)
$25.00/individual, $55.00/family of 4
All proceeds benefit the building fund for our new Denton Animal Care and Adoption Center.
For more info, visit dentonanimalshelterfoundation.com/5k
City of Denton Parks & Recreation
Greater Denton Sports Commission
Dallas Morning News Denton Blogs
Dallas Morning News Entertainment Denton
Denton Animal Shelter Foundation